Mira3 Logo

About mira3

Mira's Story

Mira III was built at Frederikssund Shipyard in 1915 and sailed under the name Expres as a passenger ferry on Meyer’s coastal route on Øresund.

In addition to sailing on the Little Belt, Mira III has also sailed for the Copenhagen Port Authority, for the Norwegian Defense Forces with sailings to Copenhagen’s island forts and as a route boat on the Aarhus Bay. In Aarhus, Mira III got its current name.

Initially, the boat was equipped with a two-cylinder steam engine. In 1924, Mira III got a Munktell petrol engine, which it sailed with until 1938, when it got a two-cylinder Vølund 65 HP glow engine. In 2004, Mira III got the engine that the boat sails with today, a six-cylinder Albin diesel engine.

As early as 1966, Mira III came to Middelfart, where it has since been used for cruises on the Little Belt. Mira III is the one of Middelfart’s tour boats that has the longest history of touring from Middelfart, and many of the town’s residents have gradually celebrated anniversaries on board.

Renovation in collaboration with the Ship Conservation Fund